Saturday, December 17, 2011

Steam Santa and Boiler Elf Ball

While in New Babbage, do as New Babbagers do.

At Christmastime, Steam Santa and his Boiler Elf arrive in a magnificent steam sleigh.  Babbagers take turns sitting on Santa's lap and telling him what they'd like for Christmas.

My favorite wish came from Gabrielle Riel, who asked for a lower ratio of batshit-crazy-ass-people and lag to the regular crazy people of New Babbage.  The Boiler Elf made a special note of that.  Steam Santa agreed that it might be a good idea to make sure everyone gets their meds.  We can all look forward to some chewable form of Valium in the coming year.

When it was my turn to sit on Santa's lap, the conversation was just a bit different.  He never asked me what I wanted.  It might have had something to do with the fact that I admitted not being good during the year, and staring back at the Boiler Elf when he attempted to give me The Stare.  He might be losing his creepy stare mojo...just sayin'.

But I did get a candy cane.







No comments: