Saturday, December 10, 2011

What's a girl to do?

...when she has time on her hands and friends who need help?   She crashes wedding receptions, tests ziplines, and builds snowmen.  That's what.

Victor was DJ'ing a wedding reception in Steelhead Nevermore, and the happy couple extended an open invitation to whomever he wanted to invite.  He posted to the group chat, so a few of us went over.  Nat Lorefield, however, decided that since the air in Steelhead is too clean for Babbagers, he needed to wear a gasmask.  It took me awhile, but I finally got one.  (Ironically, Nat then left the reception, which left me alone dancing in a gasmask. It was fun though.)

Oh, and I didn't want to mess up my hair.



Sometime later, Gadget (a local urchin) posted to group chat asking if anyone wanted to help him test out the highest zipline in New Babbage.  Caesar Osterham, Leia Berithos and I went over and subjected it to rigorous, and repeated, experiments.  GREAT FUN.  I'll be going over there to zip again sometime, even though it's supposed to only be for urchins.  Riiiiight.  As if urchins are the only ones who get to have fun.

Gadget joked that he'd built the zipline as training for being launched by he cowtapult.  :-)



Finally, I had an inspiration for a snowman, so I built him.  I'm not entering him in the snowman contest because he's too many prims, and he isn't very good, so I put him in my front yard.  I think he's rather endearing.

His Majesty, Snow-Emperor Ezra Crumb:




Finally, a friend of mine sent me this link tonight.  He was completely unaware that there is a running joke in New Babbage about "death polka" (thank you, Jonathon Spires, for inspiring the craze), but it is SO perfect.  I think that whoever made the video just synched up the music with these guys dancing to something completely different.  It's priceless.

German Industrial Dance with Dutch Polka

No comments: