Saturday, October 8, 2011

Something amazing

Since I came back to New Babbage in May, folks have been asking if I have any old pictures of the city.  Because all of my SL pics from 2006-2007 were on  a hard drive that failed, my answer was always "no."

Tonight, I was pawing through a stack of CDRs in an effort to find something.

I didn't find the something I was looking for, but on one disk without a label, I found a folder called "SL."

All of my pics from back when I was on the grid before.  From the very first pic I ever took up until I stopped logging in.  Not only that, but a lot of my original textures, Photoshop files, clothing templates and even LSL scripts.  A veritable treasure trove.  (Of outdated stuff, but still...)

I was disappointed that I don't have more pictures of New Babbage, but honestly, it wasn't much to see in those days. ;-)  But I do have some pretty good ones, especially a series of aerial snapshots of the sim.  I also have a snapshot of myself standing on the parcel map, in the middle of a very empty Babbage Square, after paying for my plot.  January 2007.  I can't identify all of the builds in the other pics anymore, but I'm hoping to kidnap Edward and Shaunathan sometime and see if we can't piece it all together.

I'm thinking that eventually I'll put all of the good pics into an exhibit. 

It was really difficult to find an old pic to include in this post, simply because I'm loving so many of them. But, since I've heard that these kinds of sightings are rare now, I decided to make this one suffice:  my husband, Intolerable Ginsburg, and me at a Kurt Vonnegut talk (for The Infinite Mind), with Philip Linden in the row in front of us.  (I'm the one with the orange system hair, looking at Phil.  My husband was next to me. The LL goons made everyone remove all attachments - only system clothes and hair were allowed!)

1 comment:

Edward Pearse said...

Marvellous news!

I look forward to seeing the photos.