Monday, May 30, 2011

Caledon Kittiwickshire

When I first returned to the grid, I found a nice, quiet plot of land in Caledon Kittiwickshire and decided to make my country home there.  As was my tradition years ago, I prefer to maintain a home in the city as well as in the country, and a dual New Babbage / Caledon citizenship has suited me well.  There was no open land near my old location in Caledon on Sea (how I loved both the Mt. Caledon and the seashore!), so I decided to explore Kittiwickshire.

While I was there, I spent a good deal of time riding the CAT (Caledon Air Transport) airship.  I sat back and allowed it to take me wherever it went, and simply enjoyed the view.  Then I rode the submersible transport, and then the train. (Tonight a horse-drawn cab drove right past me!)  The parcel I chose in Kittiwickshire is near the corner of the sim where the CAT platform is, next to the lighthouse.  I paid the meter and awaited Mr. Shang's reply.

Tonight the busy Guvnah replied to my query and got me all set up on my new plot (actually two adjoining parcels).  It was fabulous to spend some time chatting with him and catching up!  And now I'm able to start building at my leisure.  In the picture below, my land is where you see trees near the lighthouse.



While I was inworld, I decided that I must begin to show my age.  It is almost my 5th rez day after all, and I'd prefer to wear my years proudly.  It would sincerely rankle me to be thought of as some young ingenue.

In any case, here I am with my new hairstyle.  I adore the shock of gray.  By the gods, I've earned the right to wear that stripe, and I'm going to own it!


No comments: