Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Visit to New Babbage

Tonight I decided to go for a walk in New Babbage in an attempt to reacquaint myself with the sim.  It has changed so much that when I visited yesterday I was unable to get my bearings.  I recognized only one building -- Salazar Jack's factory -- but was otherwise completely lost.

So as I began to walk through the sim, I noticed a cluster of folks talking just down the street.  Edward Pearse, who was also a founding member of New Babbage, recognized me and called me over.  I had the distinct pleasure of meeting his wife, Christine, and a few other folks I'd never met: Satu Moreau, Brother Lapis, a Mr. Gears and I'm afraid I've forgotten the rest of the names.

They were kind enough to catch me up a bit on the current state of the Babbage sims, which are in the hands of a new landowner.  I can't say that they seem to be suffering much for it though - the place is a remarkable achievement, and still the best implementation of Steampunk I've seen on the grid.  (With all due respect to The Guvnah, I do believe that Caledon has its own unique charms.)

At the moment I'm feeling exhilarated by reconnecting with one old acquaintance.  I'm hoping that he is the first of many.

No comments: