Thursday, November 3, 2011

My camera is broken.

I love taking pictures, but for the last three days, the SL viewer hasn't allowed me to take any. At first I thought it was a server problem but it has persisted. It is beginning to make me feel a bit cranky.

Pictures are on my mind because the last few days have had some interesting photo opportunities that have flown by undocumented. Some RP around the Dark Aether story that Loki Eliot is running in New Babbage, some random encounters in town, more hanging out on my wall, that sort of thing. 

Last night Sky and Scottie Melnik's bar, 'Cuffs, had a full house and I wish I could have captured a snapshot. I haven't been there with so many others for quite a long time, and it was entertaining. There were enough people there who were friends that we could play off of each other in conversation, without alienating newcomers too much.

I think.

*shrugs*  We'll see if they come back, I suppose. 

But even the Clockwinder stopped in for a few minutes!

Afterward I popped over to the new North Fells sandbox platform for the first time which, to my surprise, is actually sand. It's fabulous! Kenna rezzed a couple new vehicles so we could try them out, and then dragged me over to a sim called Insilico. I think I've mentioned it before, and honestly, Kenna didn't have to drag me. It's an incredible place. I'll definitely be going back to do more exploring.  (Again, no snapshot of my own, but I've borrowed the one below from another site...)

Prim Perfect and Designing Worlds recently did a piece on Insilico.  Technically it's a "cyberpunk roleplay sim," but it's absolutely worth a visit by anyone who appreciates top-notch building and texturing work.


No comments: