Monday, September 12, 2011

Boudoir, dresses, and baking

I recently found a merchant that is on my list of favorites. I'm eager to go see the inworld sometime since discovering it on Marketplace.  The store is called Boudoir, and it is fabulously couture and whimsical.  Not really steampunk, but much of the merchandise definitely has a dark edge to it.  Products include dresses, hair, lingerie, hats, and shoes.  A few examples:












This last one always makes me think of a Professor Elemental song, Sweet Cold Colation.  (You really have to hear it to fully appreciate....it's a riot.)

Elemental:
Darling! Sweet heart I'm home!
The Voyage was a success. Nine years later here I am.
Hmmmm...

Wife:
Do you like my dress of cakes?

Elemental:
I'm ever so peckish

Wife:
You like it? You like it alot?

Elemental:
I don't suppose I could just...try...

Wife:
No! Frankly no, you'll never touch me again!

Elemental:
Before I take elevenses, professor stays to play the wrist
A cakey dress, a sexy miss. I best not make a mess of this.
If you cover my love with your truffles and dumplings,
I'll cover you up with my custard and something.
I'll spank you on the Battenburg (oooh). Try your icing, quite superb!
So lets fly my pretty songbird, I can't wait a moment longer!

No comments: