Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Engineer's Ball

Tonight was the annual Engineer's Ball at the newly-reopened Piermont Landing.  The new build is pretty amazing.  I'd not seen much of it when I first rezzed in, but when I walked out I saw how majestic it is.

Kaylee asked me to dance while at the ball, which we did for quite some time, before I asked a newly-arrived dark stranger from Mondrago if he would dance with me.  Apparently in New Babbage, the women need to be direct when they want to dance, otherwise they're going to be dancing alone or with other women.  Which isn't always a problem, but....well, sometimes you want to dance with a gentleman.  *shrug*  At least some of us do.

In any case, this particular gentleman is from the land of Cala Mondrago, a Middle Eastern steampunk culture that has recently been revived in exile.  Long story.  The short of it is that it's an exquisite and exotic environment compared to my sooty hometown, and one of my best friends, Bianca Namori, happens to be the Sultana.  This particular gentleman is very close to Bianca and her fiance.

Following the ball, I met him on a rooftop in Mondrago, where we drank wine and discussed our homelands. At some point he popped back to New Babbage to show me a new business being prepared to open, and I took this pic before I joined him:


It was a lovely evening, but alas, everyone in the world seems to be in a timezone where it is later than here. Eventually everyone dropped out and I found myself alone on my wall, watching leaves fall in the park.

*insert sad horn here*  "Wah-waaaaaah"



But not to worry!  Kaylee is in my timezone, so she and I sat on the wall together for awhile and then popped off to more cheerful locations.

Stupid globe.  Interfering with my social life.  Pfffft.

No comments: