Friday, September 2, 2011

New real estate

I'm a happy landowner.  Recently I purchased two new parcels in the Academy of Industry sim of New Babbage.

The first is an old cemetery on a triangular lot.  Several ideas for the plot crossed my mind, but I think I will just leave it as a cemetery. It adds to the atmosphere of the sim in my opinion, and it's off in a corner anyway. Anything I build there wouldn't really get any traffic. Besides, a cemetery doesn't use many prims, and I can use them otherwise.

The newest parcel I bought last night.  A small lot opened up near my house, and I've been giving it consideration over the last week. After deciding that I want to keep the cemetery as a cemetery (prim farm), I knew that I wanted another spot to build on.

My plan is to build something more steampunky than my house. A heavy industrial build would be out of place in Academy, so I'm thinking just a workshop of some sort is in order. I found a model that I like and sketched it out in prims on my mainland parcel earlier last night. I'm really excited to build it now.

I definitely want this build to have some moving parts. At the moment I'm thinking a roof that opens on a hinge like a greenhouse, but we'll see. This will challenge me to work on my scripting skills a bit, which I haven't used much since coming back.

No comments: