Saturday, September 24, 2011

"So, Junie...what did you do tonight?"

The answer to that question just keeps getting stranger and stranger. 

And I love that!

One of the things I adore about SL is that you can be serious, reproduce real life in some way, play it by the rules of the real world, but you can also toss all of that out the window and shoot squid at people.  The more random, the more fun it is sometimes.

Take last night for example.  What did I do?  Well, first I went to the Radio Riel Theater and listened to George Carlin on the Jon Stewart show for half an hour.  Then I wandered around The Gut and noticed a new tree made of gears that were falling to the ground like leaves.  Naturally, I tried to climb it, but failed miserably.  Some time later I ended up laying on the ground in my cemetery trying to decide which decorations to put up for October, before Jed showed up and the conversation turned to the most effective manner with which to dispatch a zombie. We stood in the graveyard shooting at the crow with increasingly powerful firearms until Kaylee showed up walking on her hands and dressed as a jester. I put on my Harley Quinn costume and we did backflips around the cemetery for awhile.

Tonight?  Put on a dirndl dress and dragged Jed over to the Oktoberfest party Edward was DJ'ing in Bay City.  All total we didn't stay more than 15 minutes before heading over to Muirsheen Durkin at the Brunel Hotel back in New Babbage for the Foot Tappin Friday party.  Afterward a bunch of us sat around in the bar chatting when Leia put on a bunny costume in an attempt to convince Vic to teach another language class.  I put on my pink bunny jammies, and before you knew it, everyone in the bar (except Vic) was dressed as a rabbit and we were dancing again.  Eventually we had rabbit tinies, rabbit furries, rabbit jammies, a demon bunny and two very LARGE rabbits occupying the bar.

Did I mention that the trolleys picked tonight to stage a minor revolt? (As if THAT'S unusual...but still.)

I was the last to leave the bar tonight.  Goodbye, Muirsheen Durkin.  Sleep well, bunnehs.

No comments: