Thursday, September 8, 2011

Good times, good friends

Two good things last night.

First, the Persian/Farsi language class at Bianca Namori and Akidami Swift's Language Academy.  The school was recently set up and has been offering a variety of classes in different languages, led by different instructors.  You need to have voice enabled to hear the instructor pronounce the words being taught, while following along on a notecard.

It was a great deal of fun, and I would love to go back whenever a class is being offered in a time slot I can attend.

After the class I wasn't sure what to do with myself, so I did a little tinkering on my build.  While I was there, my friend Matthieu sent me an IM to say hi.  He hasn't made it in-world very often during the last month, so it was a delight to see him.  We spent the rest of the evening sitting around and catching up.  He made me laugh and it was good to see him. :-)

I'm looking forward to the next few days because there are a number of things happening.


  • Thursday:
    • Radio Riel Theater at The Clarendon Observatory, 7pm

  • Friday: 
    • Foot Tappin' Friday at Brunel Hall, 6pm

  •  Saturday: 
    • Breakfast in Babbage at The Clarendon, 8am
    • New Babbage Town Hall at City Hall, 1pm
    • Language class with Victor Mornington, 5pm

I've been going through a bit of party withdrawal since the Kraken Festival wound down.  I've attended a few dances outside of New Babbage since then. Although they were fun, I left with a new appreciation for how comfortable I feel in New Babbage, and how much more I enjoy events there. It's home.

No comments: