Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My first visitor!

While I was hanging wallpaper in Ruthorford House last night, Mr. Edward Pearse stopped by to say hello and see my build. He took a gander at the exterior, and I invited him in to see how the interior is coming along. 

I was glad I'd gotten most of the floor and walls done on the main level because I think it would have been too humiliating to show anyone otherwise.  There are still a few architectural elements I'd like to add inside, but I couldn't stand being in there without improving the aesthetic just a bit.


Mr. Pearse and I chatted amiably for a bit, discussing various builds in the city. As he attempted to describe where Watson and Holmes are located he asked if I was up for a tour. So for the next couple of hours he led me on a whirlwind excursion through the city, pointing out sites of interest, secret passageways (almost all of which lead to the sewers), and prominent builds.  We spent that much time walking and still didn't hit Vernian Deep, Wheatstone, or New Babbage, where I'd already spent a good deal of time.  There really is that much to see!

Mr. Pearse was a superb guide, and he kindly introduced me to a few folks as we encountered them during our walk.  It was a welcome diversion and a much-needed break from building. I was in the mood for company, so it all worked out well. :-)

I'm beginning to feel quite at home!

2 comments:

Edward Pearse said...

Thank you for the compliments. Glad you enjoyed being dragged around the city!

(And thank you for changing the comments format)

Junie Ginsburg said...

It was great fun!

And I appreciate you letting me know there was an issue with the comments. I'd like to encourage conversation, not hinder it...