Thursday, July 28, 2011

Radio Shows, Burlesque, and Motorbikes

When I went inworld tonight, I had nothing to do.  It wasn't long, however, before I found a remedy. Then I had things to do all evening.

First, Radio Riel Theater at the Clarendon Conservatory in New Babbage.  Besides Edward Pearse, I was the only one to show up in person, but it was a fantastic show.  We listened to a couple episodes of Red Panda Adventures, and now I'm hooked.  I really want to listen to more now.

Afterward I bumped into Ms. Bianca Namori, Mr. Victor1st Mornington, and Ms. Gabrielle Antara as I walked through the Gut.  They were obviously up to no good, so I had to join them immediately.  We chatted for awhile, Vic left, and at some point we noticed an intrepid group of explorers wandering through the sim.  Quite suddenly we were all under attack and the voyagers were taking cover near us. 

Apparently an unseen assailant started lobbing bombs (of all things) at them, and then at us, and panic ensued.  I have to admit that I pulled out my pistol and gave the bugger a fistful of whatfor.  Or at least, ther person who I assumed was the bugger....there is a remote possibility that I opened fire on the wrong person. 

See why I'm against guns in RL?

Anyway, that was an exciting diversion, but eventually the explorers flew off in their airship, the bomber apparently lost interest and we were left to our chat.  Ms. Bianca dances at a burlesque club in Seraph City and had to leave for a show, so I tagged along.  I've never been to a burlesque show. It was.....enlightening!  Really great fun.

While I was there watching the last dancer, Ms. Jedburgh30 Dagger (another New Babbager) came in for the last part of the show.  We visited for awhile and she gave me a ride on her motorcycle to see the garage she owns in Seraph City.  The whole dieselpunk concept is quite new to me, but the builds in Seraph City are just beautiful.  From talking with Jed I think it's another case of me having loved dieselpunk all along and just not realizing there was a name for it, very much the way I developed an interest in steampunk.  "Oh, that's what they call that? Okay..."

In any case, it was a lively evening.

No comments: