Monday, July 25, 2011

New friends!

I was in and out of world a number of times yesterday.  Attempting to focus on a short story that occurs in New Babbage, I kept finding myself needing to go check out something or other in the city in order to maintain continuity.  This, of course, would lead to distractions and I ended up spending more time in the city than working on my story.  *sheepish*

On one such interval in the city, Master Nathaniel Lorefield introduced himself.  He was working on a house in the Academy square as I walked by.  I was headed into the Academy of Industry building and somehow managed to walk right past the house without really registering that it was something new.  We chatted for awhile about his build, and he asked if I'd yet seen the sewers.  Thinking I had, since I'd seen the area beneath city hall I said yes, but didn't know about an empty space beneath the square.  We went down to check it out and then spent some time walking through the tunnels.

I was amazed at just how extensive the system is.  When we reached water too deep to wade, since I can't swim (yet), he rezzed a raft and rowed us through.  We traveled like this all the way up to the Palisades train station, and I must say - for someone who is familiar with the sewer system, it was much quicker than walking.





At some point in the evening I parked myself in my house while working on my story, and was surprised by a visit from Mr. and Mrs. Melnik - Scotty and Sky.  They came to the house for the express purpose of paying a visit, which I found immensely kind.  We lounged comfortably in the sitting room for a good long time, drinking tea and plotting world domination.

Okay, so maybe not the world domination part, but I felt that we got along famously. They're fun people, and I look forward to seeing them in-world more often.




I've been spending more time in Caledon Kittiwickshire.  Matthieu and I ended up sitting in the cottage there for awhile last night, but earlier in the day I went alone.  I feel that this snapshot captures almost entirely my reasons for wanting the property:

No comments: