Thursday, July 14, 2011

New Babbage goings on

Because I've not seen the SL "steamlands" outside of New Babbage and Caledon, I've decided to take some walking tours.  I posted on the City of New Babbage Reader about my upcoming excursions, which I decided to call "whistle-stop tours," and extended an open invitation to anyone who'd like to join me.  I got a great response, and am planning to go on my first walk tonight. Since New Toulouse is based on turn-of-the-century New Orleans French Quarter, and since today is Bastille Day, I thought it would be a good place to start.

On the thread about touring New Toulouse, Edward Pearse mentioned that I should watch out for zombies, since they are known to haunt some areas of the city. I joked that I would bring some sort of repellent, something with two barrels, which led to further discussion about how it's mandatory for redheads in New Babbage to be armed.

I don't have much experience with roleplay, but the stories being told in New Babbage are fantastic, and I have been wanting to get involved. It's a minor thing, but I decided to start by buying a gun.




In RL I'm very against firearms, but in New Babbage RP, it's great fun. I think I look rather badass, if I do say so. I was aiming (heh) for a "Dirty Harry" kind of picture.

Last night I saw an opportunity to squeeze into the periphery of an ongoing RP; it was in a rather unpleasant way, but hopefully I provided a bit of comedic relief on the thread.  I've found that I am much more comfortable with self-deprecating humor than with serious drama, and so I feel it was a good way to bring my character...er...myself into the story.

No comments: