Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Pearse Anniversary

Friday night was Edward Pearse and Christine McAllister Pearse's 4th anniversary celebration.  It was held in a beautiful location in the Vernian Deep, where I'd not yet visited.

The Vernian Deep itself is a marvelous set of builds, all running along the sea floor.  I didn't spend any time exploring, but just the walk between the elevator and the ballroom was enough to raise my interest.  Imagine an underwater Victorian steampunk city - this is the flavor of the Vernian Deep.

This was the first event at which I was asked to dance.  I spent a great deal of time dancing with Dr. Kristos Sonnerstein, who was quite charming and well-mannered.  The chatter in the room was festive and enjoyable, and I stayed until the end.

Dr. Sonnerstein asks me to dance:


Whirling around the room:


When I got home to the tavern, I stood on the balcony for awhile and contemplated my hardware troubles, and took some comparison snapshots.  On the left is what I usually see with the viewer set to levels that allow me to actually function in-world.  On the right is what I would see if I had hardware capable of displaying the highest quality graphics.  (Well, to be fair, I suppose that my hardware is capable, I just can't do anything when rendering is set so high.)

I feel like I'm missing so much.  Something must be done!

No comments: