Monday, June 27, 2011

The Rubble Ball, and I'm a landowner!

Well, I didn't end up purchasing that property I mentioned in my last entry, nor did I pursue my clever idea. It's still bouncing around in my head though, and I might drag it out at some later point.

Instead, I took a tour of the city with a new friend I met during The Rumble Ball at Piermont Landing.

Let me back up.

On Saturday night, Ms. Breezy Carver held a magnificent ball at Piermont Landing, which had recently been destroyed by the dastardly villain, Dr. Obolensky. The venue was tremendous - rubble, fallen columns, still-burning fires and the like. A great many people were there.  A dashing gentleman named Mr. Matthieu Manamiko, who is new to New Babbage, invited me to dance. We spent the evening whirling around the detritus-strewn dance floor.




Later that night Mr. Manamiko and I met for drinks and then wandered through the city. We are both relative newcomers; he just moved here, and I am still becoming reacquainted with New Babbage.  It was quite pleasant to walk and explore with a new friend.

At some point I began looking at the available townhouses that were listed in the most recent real estate card, but didn't fall in love with any of them.  There were things I liked about all of them, but there was some drawback to each that prevented me from wanting to rent.  All of this looking made me long for a real home in New Babbage though, more than just a room at a tavern.

Then we happened upon a lovely plot of land  abutting a quiet park in the Academy of Industry sim. I knew I wanted it almost immediately.  I contacted Mr. Tenk, who sold it to me the next morning. And now here I am, overjoyed to once again be a landowner in New Babbage.




Now to the work of building myself a real house!

No comments: