Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ratfeathers!

I've been happily plucking along on my new house, which is inspired by a lovely building designed by an architect named Elmer Fisher. It was built in the late 1800's and I adore it.  It's a commercial building, but I thought it could be converted into a townhouse sort of structure.  The architectural style is "Richardsonian Romanesque."



I thought I had it just the way I wanted it last night and I started applying some test textures when I realized that the columns protrude much too far.  The rounded parts of the building aren't supposed to look like turrets, they're just a more pillar-like appendage that gives the building more architectural interest.

Bah.

And so now I'm thinking about starting all over from scratch.

I suppose that's not a bad thing because it's all more building practice, but I did want to have a structure to set down in New Babbage as quickly as possible.

Back to the drawing board!  Again...

No comments: