Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Thank You

I neglected to mention that at the Pearse anniversary party, a longtime resident of New Babbage sent me a private note to say thank you.  I was puzzled about what she could possibly have to thank me for until she explained that one of the big influences that brought her to New Babbage was my newspaper, The New Babbage Cog.

I really only managed the paper for four or five months before I handed it off to Eggberta Echegaray, and she continued it for about the next year.  It was started on a whim when I saw that there was a periodical being given away on newsstands in Caledon.  ("Hey, that's a good idea!  We need something like that in New Babbage!")  Apparently it was a critical time for the city though, and I'm thrilled to have helped attract people who ended up staying for the duration.

It was maybe a small thing, but it made me very happy.

No comments: