Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Another face from the past

Last night, of all people, I ran into Shaunathan Sprocket, founder and former mayor of New Babbage.  We spent a little bit of time catching up and I found out that he has actually been off-grid for quite a long time as well, having only recently returned.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

:-)

In honor of reconnecting with an old friend, I give you my favorite Shaunathan quote, from a town hall meeting in 2007.

"Wait, hold on..."

(pause...we wait)

"I have an announcement to make."

(pause...we wait some more, anticipating the announcement)

"Chocolate Altoids are flash."

3 comments:

Shaunathan Sprocket said...

Oh wow, I completely forgot I said that, but now I know exactly what town hall meeting it was from! I was swamped with IM's and I needed to organize!

Junie Ginsburg said...

Heehee...I just remember because I was expecting something big to be in the works, and was really excited to hear what it was. And then I totally cracked up. :-)

Bookworm Hienrichs said...

Chocolate Altoids were flash! I'm very disappointed that they stopped making them.