Sunday, August 7, 2011

A grand adventure! (Part 2)

I wasn't sure we would be able to continue our exploration of Wheatstone Waterways tonight, but Matthieu had time so we wandered around a bit more.  My impression of Wheatstone Waterways?  Some of the best steampunk builds in the city. 

For example, Steamweaver Aeroworks, Ltd., where enormous airships are constructed.  One great thing about this build (and there are many) is that you can go up to the assembly line and initiate the creation of an airship, which is constructed right in front of your eyes.  My favorite part of the process was the inflation of the great balloons to keep the ship aloft.  The pictures below of the machinery outside of the hangar don't do justice to how magnificent it all looks in motion.











Professor Ewing's Emporium has a lot going on, but somehow it all works.  Unfortunately, it works much better in person than in snapshots.  I found it very difficult to get a good angle that would capture the grandeur of the place, so I had to take a few.  A garden on the roof, sunbeams, a pulsing electrical generator, a flying machine...what's not to love?







After exploring what remained of the sim, at least most of it, we stopped in at Red's Revenge Pub for some rum (which appears to be in plentiful supply in Wheatstone).  Captain Red, whom I've not yet had the good fortune to meet, seems to have a great sense of humor.  Her build is chalk full of lighthearted and whimsical elements, which made it all the more enjoyable.



Matthieu served as my navigator as we attempted again to make it back to the Oldbridge area by boat.  We had significantly better luck this time, and were able to dock at the Barrel House under the bridge.  After some coffee, I left again in the boat, determined to make it as close to home as possible by water.  I successfully navigated my way down the canals to the Vernian, then across the sea to Clockhaven.  I docked right outside of the Clockhaven Aquarium and walked home from there.

I took a few shots of the boat docked there because I love the area, and honestly, I love my little boat. :-)





It's very satisfying to be learning my way around the city!

No comments: