Monday, August 15, 2011

Doc O and the Boxing Match

It's funny.  On Friday night I was talking to Jed about roleplaying, and was saying that I was eager to give it a shot but had no experience at all with in-world RP.

The next morning, Bookworm Hienrichs and Doctor Obolensky approached me about integrating Sunday night's boxing match into an ongoing story that they have going. It produced a great opportunity for me to get involved in their story, and following Jed's advice, I went for it.

Originally I had intended to spend any evening free time I had this weekend working on my kraken writing project (I need to format everything to put into a THiNC book), but preparing for the boxing match ended up taking  a lot of time and thought. Still, I believe that we pulled off a great fight with lots of intruigue surrounding it, so I'm satisfied with the way it went.

Some links to the story:


Since this is only part of an ongoing story, there is quite a bit that preceeds this, and there will be more after.  This is only the portion I was involved in.

Aside from the Hienrichs-Obolensky side of the boxing match, the fight was terrific fun.  I would definitely consider doing it again sometime.

No comments: