Sunday, August 28, 2011

Time to call it a night

Tonight was Blackberry Harvey's grand re-opening party at the Gangplank.  It had a pirate theme, and I spent several hours there making merry and enjoying the company of friends.  As will sometimes happen after spending a night drinking and dancing though, there comes a slow, creeping melancholy.

Feeling a kind of maudlin restlessness, I stood on the city wall behind my house to watch the stars.  Afterward, I went for a walk around the Academy.


Only one other person was stirring in the neighborhood, but I didn't think I'd make good company so I went to the CocoaJava for a change of scenery.


It was warm and welcoming by the fire, but ultimately I decided that it was time for all good Babbagers to go to sleep.

Pleasant dreams, pirates.

No comments: