Saturday, August 6, 2011

A grand adventure!

I've now been back in New Babbage for a couple of months, and there is still so much I've not seen!

Mr. Manamiko and I started out with the intention of exploring Wheatstone Waterways, but end up making a detour to the Vernian Deep.  Neither of us had investigated the Vernian builds, with the exception of my attendance at the Pearse's anniversary party, so it was very new for both of us.

Following our undersea wandering, we hopped aboard my new boat, The African Queen, and steamed around the waters of New Babbage.  Our aim was to boat all the way back up to his house in the Oldbridge area but didn't make it that far.  More adventure for another day!


Relaxing somewhere in the Vernian. 
Apologies to the owner for getting our shoes on the upholstery.


  
Chugging toward Clockhaven to see the steam turtles.



Steaming up the canals.



Some swings in Wheatstone.



A shooting gallery in Wheatstone. 
Matthieu is really good at it!  He got the 4th highest score.



Some kind of contraption in Wheatstone. 
We never did figure out exactly what it was supposed to do, but it looked intriguing.



Looking at books upstairs in a store, the name of which I've forgotten.
It was entertaining though, some very creative contraptions downstairs.



Matthieu deciding which book to buy. 

  
         

 Back on the canal, the boat began to take on water after I collided with something blocking the canal.
We were forced to abandoned ship.



Ah-hah!  An urchin hideout is to blame!



Alas, all good adventures must come to an end.  My typist was interrupted in RL, so I had to cut our excursion short.  Perhaps next time we will just explore the canals by boat!

No comments: