Saturday, August 13, 2011

Snow and Spies

My rezday party last night was, I believe, a success.  Everyone seemed to have fun, and I know I certainly did!  Edward played a great set with a lot of entertaining commentary, and he kept us all dancing the whole time.  I don't think anyone touched any of the pie or liquor I put out, but that's fine with me - I'd rather have people frolicking and dancing than sitting around running pie-eating animations.

Oh, did I mention there was snow?  YES!  One night when a bunch of us were sitting around at Sky and Scottie's bar, 'Cuffs, Ms. Kimika Yang pulled a snow machine of of her inventory.  At the time there was still a serious heatwave going on in the United States, and it was fun diversion to be sitting in a room where it was snowing.  I decided then that I would buy one of the snow machines and put it out at my party.

So last night when I put out the snow machine, I realized that the particle effects were much too small for such a large hall.  But when I turned around, Nat had piled snow up all around, and there flakes were falling throughout the hall.

We had a marvelous snowball fight, lots of dancing and goofing around.  We broke in Ms. Lia's Liberty Hall (without actually breaking anything), and generally had a good time.  I couldn't have asked for a better rezday.


Edward Pearse, in his DJ booth.
(Incidentally, I was unable to lob a snowball
up and over his booth. Lucky for him!)


 Rowdy fun in the snow. 
That's me holding a snowball in the foreground.


Rolling, spinning, and dancing in the snow.


Jed and Kimika sharing a slow dance while Scottie and Sky goof around.
(Oh, sure, they were probably dancing, but doesn't it look like they're playing?)


Michael O'Mainin dancing.  He was a lot of fun!


Vic, Hono, and Lia, dancing.
(And an igloo...where did that come from?!)


 Jed came over to shoot the breeze later on, I stayed up too late, and woke up early for Breakfast in Babbage this morning.  This month's theme was Spies!  As soon as the theme was announced last month, I knew who I would dress as:  Mata Hari.  I've been fascinated with her for a long time, to such a degree that there are two pictures of her in Ruthorford House.  Even though I doubt she was really a spy, she was executed as one, so she counts as a spy in my book (at least for the purposes of a spy party...)  Anyway, there were some great costumes this morning, and two hours of sneaky spy theme music!



No comments: